Tools needed for a proper Leaf Cleanup
Fall is a beautiful time of year with all the multicolored leaves on trees, but once those trees start shedding, it is not a pretty sight. The leaves litter the yard and create a mess which takes hours to take. Then why not hire our servicemen to do the work for you? We can collect the leaves using a combination of rakes and leaf blowers to allow your yard to breathe avoiding any unwanted mold finally. Our staff will also get safely rid of the leaves and after they are done there will be no trace of leaves in your yard.
TOOLS USED FOR LEAF CLEANUP
• Leaf blower
• Leaf friendly rake
• Advanced pickup rake
• Claws for leaf
• Leaf Mulcher
• Mulching mower
IMPORTANCE OF LEAF CLEANUP
Have you ever wondered why there is no grass on the forest floor? There is just a bunch of dead and decaying leaves that creates a non-sustainable environment for grass. The same can happen to your lawn without regular leaf removal over time.
1. One of the primary needs of grass to grow favorably is light. When leaves are left on the grass for too long, it blocks out the sun, and your grass will start to stress. Fall is the best time of the year for the grass to recover from the summer. So, it is always best to keep the leaf litter at a minimum during this period so the turf is getting maximum light and can get thick before the winter period. This time of the year is also when many lawns are getting their best light since the tree shade is at a minimum once all the leaves drop.
2. Leaf litter also holds moisture and slows evaporation. If the accumulated leaves are allowed to sit for too long, this excess moisture will cause decay, and in conjunction with the lack of sunlight, you will see a marked decline in your turf quality.
3. Leaf litter left for too long decreases vigor and led to bare spots. Once Spring rolls around, the turf will be slow to respond, and weeds will undoubtedly take advantage of the bare spots and thin turf that are left behind
4. We recommend that your leaves are removed on a weekly basis.
5. Mulching the leaves back into the lawn can be beneficial if done correctly. Studies have shown that doing so can return some nutrients and organic matter into the lawn and have long-term positive effects. Keep in mind when mulching,
6. The turf must be mowed high, 3 1/2 to 4 inches. The leaves should also be dry, not wet and matted down.
Must be done on a weekly basis, if done too infrequently the thickness of the leaf litter will be too large for the mulching effort to be effective. You’ll create a layer of smaller leaves.
7. Mulching early in the fall, while the soil temperature is still warm, will lead to rapid decomposition of the litter. Waiting until the end of fall will be counterproductive as the soil temps will have cooled and decomposition will be slower.
Blowers and rakes still work just fine, they take a little more effort. Please clean up your leaves regularly so that we can help you keep your lawn beautiful. At Lombardo’s lawn care our primary concern is our customer’s satisfaction. We give the best clean up and leave your environment sparkling and bacteria free.