How to Treat Your Lawn during the Spring Season
Looking for lawn care in Drums, PA?
The lawn is a beautiful area that enhances the curb appeal of your home. The greenery is a delight to the eyes and if it big enough, you can sit out and relax with your family during the weekends. However, you need to take proper care of it if it has to be full of life. After a harsh winter, it is time to take care of your lawn as the soil would be spongy and the small, new plants would be tender.
Your lawn would be thankful for you if you pay attention to its needs during the spring. Here’s what you can do for lawn care in Drums, PA:
- You need to know the type of grass and their growing season in your lawn. Ensure they are ready to take on the coming seasons by catering to their needs.
- The soil will be spongy and wet during spring. So do not work too hard on your lawn, until it dries out. The tender grass may be damaged due to heavy work. Once the soil is dry, ensure your lawn gets a good cleaning while not allowing pests. Clean up all the debris!
- Control weeds! Let your lawn experience weed control sprays before the weeds have a chance to germinate.
- Set your priorities. Decide whether you want to go for weed control or lawn seeding because the use of weed control herbicides does not allow the grass to grow. So both cannot be done at the same time.
- Do not fertilize your lawn heavily in the spring. Let it be a slow release.
- A soil test can be conducted to find out the requirements or any changes that your soil might need.
- Once the lawn starts growing, you can do mowing beside watering the grass and plants.
- Aeration and Dethatching can be done when your lawn is growing at a rapid pace.
You can hire the services of Lombardo’s Lawn Care in Drums, PA and benefit from our professional services!